My answer will hurt… but this is the truth.
Party is over. It’s time to get serious!
- You’re facing a world of unimaginable change because of accelerating technological innovation.
- A world with a global population reaching 8 Billion people — each one of us demanding extensive needs.
- The monetary policies that have supported the global growth for decades is not working anymore because of irresponsible and ambitious leaders that have abused it — today our economy depends on debt to grow. Not sustainable!
- You’re facing a world where the current educational system is NOT teaching and training you to face these tough realities.
- You’re the most distracted generation in history. Your distraction is your biggest enemy because without focused actions you won’t stand a chance to make a good living.
- You’re facing a world that is full of painful surprises that school has been hiding from you — like the fact that Baby Boomers (those who were born between 1946 and 1964) are about to retire and they don’t have enough financial support to make a living.
- Only 22% of Baby Boomers believe they are doing a good job of preparing financially for retirement.
- Only 27% of Baby Boomers believe they will have enough money for healthcare expenses.
- Do you know who will pay for this liability? Correct, you guessed it…
So here’s my advice to you, teenagers:
- Eliminate your social media apps on your smartphone and everything else that is hacking your attention.
- Start planning your future with full focused intention and strategy.
- Become an expert on any area that you enjoy and are good at.
- Develop the habits and discipline of hard work and constant learning.
- Develop your mindset to become a leader and NOT a follower. Don’t trust what everyone is doing! Don’t follow the crowd!
- Have fun 🙂