Does your small business have a website? No matter what type of business you are involved in, it is crucial that you have one.
Here are my top 7 reasons why your business absolutely must have a website.
1) Websites allow your business to be open 24 hours a day. One of the major benefits of having your business online is that it never closes. You might work from 9 to 5, but customers can visit your business at anytime – day or night.
2) Customers want to make informed choices. Nowadays, people want information about a company before they will commit to even contacting a business. Long gone are the days when people phoned businesses knowing only the address and phone number.
3) People are reluctant to do business with companies that don’t have a website. Having a website is now the norm. Trust and credibility is crucial, and having a website is the best way to let your customers know who you are, and to show them what you offer.
4) Companies now compete online. If you aren’t online, then you have a major disadvantage compared to your competition. If your company can’t be found online, then how can it possibly compete?
5) People are buying more and more online. If your business offers items for sale, then please consider giving your customers the opportunity to make purchases from your website. Not only will “your shop” be open 24 hours a day, but you can attract customers nationally and even internationally.
6) A website is the cheapest way to promote your business. Having a website is the cheapest way to make people aware of your business. Coupled with social media, your business can be promoted across the globe – no other media can do that!
7) The ability to provide round the clock customer service. Ensure that your contact details are clearly positioned on all pages of your website. Customers should be able to contact you or your staff via telephone, email or live chat. As well as contact details, customers should be able to find answers to the most commonly asked questions through a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. This saves a huge amount of time that would otherwise be spent dealing with individual customer enquiries.
All businesses – no matter how small – must have a website to compete in today’s world. Fifty years ago, a business needed a telephone to be listed in Yellow Pages. The brutal truth is that nobody uses Yellow Pages anymore. Now it is crucial for businesses to be found on the Internet through a unique and professional looking website.
The easiest way for anyone to build their own website is with WordPress.
[…] also useful to have a website to show examples of your work, list your experience, and blog about your industry to draw […]