Virtually anything is a good business idea once executed properly. I think anything can be grown or built if done right, with persistence and that includes Online Business.
So, let’s distill it down; what doesn’t make an online business a good one?
- High startup costs
- Limited opportunity for growth
- The idea doesn’t solve a problem or provide value
Think starting an online business is easy? It’s not. It’s extremely hard. But it’s totally worth it in the end.
There’s a common misconception that an online business is easy because they cost basically nothing to start.
Well, no cost means a ton of competition. Online businesses are pretty straightforward if you think about it.
Solve a problem and promote it. Rinse and repeat.
Want some motivation to finally start that online business? Or branch into a new one?
Top Online Business Ideas
Here are some amazing online business ideas that will help you build a business around your values. Not someone else’s.
- Start an impactful blog
- Become a video content producer for vlogging, streaming and podcasting
- Sell digital products
- Create a niche forum or directory
- Start an e-commerce website
- Sell premium or membership oriented content
- Start a social media agency
- Start an SEO or digital marketing consulting business
- Build a “micro-media business” where you own a number of different media channels like blogs, YouTube, podcasts, etc.
- Start a digital publishing business. You can either start all your sites from scratch and/or acquire websites over time
- Sell WordPress, Shopify or other eCommerce plugins
- Try your hand at becoming a social media influencer (good luck, lol!)
- Start a Software as a Service Business.
The list goes on and on. You should actually focus on an online business that combines what you know, what you love and what actually makes the most money.